Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Crafty Creations Challenges - 323

Hi Everyone,
Today is the start of our new challenge over at Crafty Creations Challenges - 323.  The theme of our challenge is Use a Number. Well the first thing that came to my mind was a birthday card and I decided to make one for a young child.

I thought the number 2 was perfect for the balloons. 

The sponsor for our current challenge is 

And they have the Cutest digital images and a great selection.
Hope you check them out

Let me show you how this card was assembled

I started out with designer paper that I cut to be the panel on the purple card base.
I loved the flowers and the swirls and that became my inspiration, 
but I wanted to add a little more purple.


So I hand cut some curved pieces out of purple card stock that I had in my saved papers. 
So there was some of the extra purple I wanted


And I attached those curved pieces to the card front.


Next I wanted to have 3-D  flowers on the card. 
I had just picked up some white flowers in the bargain bin at Michael's,
however and they were just one size and they were white.


I sponged orange ink on the flowers and cut the petals on some of the flowers
 to make some of the flowers smaller, 
After looking at this card for a while I decided there was just too much orange, 
so I used a small flower die and made some purple flowers to tone down all that orange. 

All of the flowers have been placed over the flower images on the paper. 

Next I colored my Cute As A Button image and fussy cut him out. 
I added some feathers to the edges of Huey. (Not sure if you can see them.)
I also gave the balloons some dimension and added the number 2 on them.
Added the Happy Birthday sentiment to the top - and that finished the card.


Here is a closer view of this cute digi. 
I colored him with colored pencils and blended it out with gamsol.

LET ME SHARE WITH YOU THE I SUPPLIES USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Digital image - Cute AS A Button - IMG00271Baby Huey Buttons
Paper/Card Stock: Purple CS, DP, White CS
Ink: Memento - Tangelo
Dies Used: Sizzix -Tim Holtz - Mixed Media #3 (used the #2 on the balloons),Sizzix Sizzlets Flowers Branches and Leaves set (using the flowers in this 3 pc set)
Accessoriesdimensional foam, Dimensional Pop Dots, Gamsol, Colored Pencils, Feathers

You have until Sept 13 to enter the current challenge. 
Cute As A Button will be awarding the prize - 
3 digital black & white images, going to the winner. 
And you could be out next winner. 
We will be looking for your submission.

I am submitting my card in the following challenges:

  • Crafting from the Heart - #125 - Always Anything Goes (#68)
  • Craft Your Passion- Always Anything Goes (#79)
  • Critters and Creatures - Always Anything Goes with a Critter/Creature (#85)
  • Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge Blog Anything goes with option of Handmade Flowers(#4)
  • Deep Ocean Challenge Things with Wings (week 2) (#71)
  • Die Cuttin' Divas  #281 - Anything Goes (#23)
  • Digi Choosday Challenge - #35 - Anything Goes (#9)
  • Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes (#25)


  • Thanks for stopping by I will be seeing you soon.


    9 comments:

    Shona Erlenborn said...

    Baby Huey is super cute in amongst the flowers and the balloons - love the little extra feathers too.

    Verna Angerhofer said...

    That is such a cute and adorable card you created. I love the explanation on how you did it too!

    Kaija said...

    Cute and beautiful card!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Good Luck and hope to see you again.Gr.Kaija Dt-member

    Ellibelle said...

    This is just too cute, so many wonderful details and darling little duck.
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Ellie
    Critters & Creatures Linky Party
    Let's color Linky Party

    Annemi said...

    It's adorable and so creative. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    Anonymous said...

    Cute card, bright and cheerful. Thanks for joining us for the ATG challenge at Digi Choosday.
    Gail Digi Choosday DT
    http://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk

    Nancy said...

    Lovely card, Barbara! That image is so cute! Thanks for sharing how you put it all together!
    Thanks for joining our Digi Choosday Challenge at Polkadoodles! :o)

    KarinsArtScrap said...

    super sweet and beautiful Barbara
    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Good Luck and hope to see you again

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    What I Created Next said...

    Such a cute make and love those flowers. Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Anything Goes Challenge (DT). We look forward to seeing your makes each week. Good luck xx