Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Cards for Club

Welcome back,
Last night was our monthly stamp club meeting. Each month at club we are to bring two cards, one is a predetermined theme and the other card is made from items that are supplied by members of club and we call that The Challenge..

Last month Carol gave us a basket image stamped on cream card stock and she also gave us a mask of the same stamped image. The mask was stamped on text weight white paper. We were asked to use the basket for The Challenge card. The theme for the November card was animal.

Let me share the challenge card first. I should have taken a picture of the stamped basket as we received it, but in my haste to get this card done, I forgot to do that. 


Using a paper shaper, I shaped the basket image to give it depth and dimension. I knew how I wanted this basket to look on the card front, with flowers brimming out of the basket. I had flowers small enough that they were the perfect size. I cut the basket image out, added some scor-tape on the back and positioned the flowers so they appeared to be in the basket. I added some green twigs and added a small double looped bow on the side of the basket at the base of the handle. I added dimensional foam down back of the image in the center and adhered the basket to the card front.(I didn't use the supplied mask)

The small double looped bow was made using the smallest settings on my trusty bow maker from Craft-Dee BowZ. The perfect size for this basket image.


For my second card I used a giraffe for the animal themed card. The stamp is from The Rubber Cottage and is probably one of my all time favorites.It's so life like, isn't it. I added a braided ribbon to the side of the card.


Our stamping club is so much fun. We always have a wonderful time getting together each month. Next month we will go out to dinner to celebrate Christmas. We also will bring a card and 9 tags to swap. We will go home with a different card other than our own and the tag swap gives us 9 different tags, one from each of the gals in the club.Those tags will be great for the gifts that we will be giving to friends and family members this holiday season. 

Today,  I finish the ornament project. I will be making a box for each of the ornaments. Then that project will be done, hallelujah !!  LOL

Thanks for stopping in today, see you soon



5 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Two gorgeous cards Barb! The basket with the flowers is so pretty and that giraffe image is awesome.

Anne Temple said...

These are both so pretty. Love the basket of flowers and the die you used next to it is gorgeous. The braided ribbon next to the giraffe is really cool too.

Donna Ellis said...

Pretty cards, Barbara - love those tiny little flowers in your basket, and that really tiny bow! wow. Lovely textures and design elements giving that Asian feel - so pretty!

I love your new blog theme and pretty appearance, especially with your autumn header! hugs, de

Donna Maligno said...

Aww, Barb, you work so well under pressure! These are just great. I knew you'd come up with something sublime.

Eret said...

Barbara, your basket with tiny flowers and bow is stunning. Both your cards are really beautiful!
Eret x