Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Nature

Hi Everyone,
This week must be critter week here at Art and Soul Creations because I've had a few dogs, a bird, and now a frog!! Funny how themes run sometimes. These were definitely not planned.

I recently received this set, (along with a whole host of other sets that I still need to work with) and I thought I wanted to develop a scene of sorts. And I remembered something I saw at CHA. This set had some stamps that would probably work with this idea. So, I thought, here goes.

I made a tri-fold card and stamped the center on the card.Next I turned the card over and stamped the 2 ends and fussy cut those images out. Next I folded the end thirds over the center portion to make this scene.
Here is the card closed.


Here is the card opened. 


This is really not hard to achieve. As I make another one of these I will take pic's of the steps to show you how to do this. It's really not hard.

The stamp set I used is really darling and one of the newest sets over at Sparkle N Sprinkle. It is set 467 - Nature and it is on sale, so, here is another set you might want to snag at the lower price.

Thanks for stopping in today and I will see you soon,




7 comments:

Gina said...

I love this card and the tri-fold idea. I'll have to use it in the future. Thanks.

Carole said...

Good golly miss molly that nature card rocks! Fantastic, tri-fold card. Good use of stamps love the frog. A bit magical:)

Shona Erlenborn said...

I love this! What a clever idea to make the scene like that. You go girl!

Karin said...

Wow, the results of this technique are amazing! What a stunning scene!

Donna Ellis said...

Barb, the way you have created the dimension in using the folds and fussy-cutting is spectacular! We need this in our T&T Templates section! It's great!

Brenda said...

Love the "fussy cut" folds". ,

April said...

Wonderful card! I love the scene and folds. Great job!