Tuesday, August 14, 2012

CHF07 - Animals

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for stopping in today because it's time for the next Cornish Heritage Farms challenge.The theme is animals and I decided to use a digital bird image I have in my digital stash. I really love birds. I also really like trees and where do you see birds, but in trees.

As I looked at the bird I envisioned it sitting in a nest on a tree limb, so I drew the tree with an overhanging limb.

To make the tree I penciled in the sketch of the tree on the cardstock. Next, I cut the cardstock and embossed it and added a cream colored ink to bring out the embossed wood design. Next I used a die to cut the leaves. The nest, I made from a small branch punch and used about 25 pieces.

This beautiful bird is a great digital image of a robin.  Check out all the digital images, there are so many to choose from and you don't have to wait for the postman.The sentiment is in the Ornamental Beauty set



Want to play along????

If you would like to play along with us of course we would love to have you! AND - if you do, you could win a $10 Gift Certificate and a Winner's Badge to put on your Blog!

To play create a card using CHF images. You can use either CHF digi or rubber stamps to create a card or project.... anything you like as long as the stamps are Cornish Heritage Farms. (Yes, they can be older stamps.) 

Once you have created your card/project come back here and place a comment with a link to your card/project to this post so that we can see what you created. If you upload your card/project to SCS don't forget to include the keyword CHF06. We can't wait to see what you create! 

Don't forget to check out the Cornish Heritage Farms Design Team's card on their blogs. 

*  Anne  *  Barb  *  Barbara (You are HERE) *  Cindy  *
*  Dawn  *  Debbie  *  Deneen *  Dianne  * Frances  *  
Holly*  Jacqueline  *  Kris  *  Kristine  *  Lisa  *  
Michele  *  Petra  *  Steph  *  


Thanks so much for stopping by today. See you soon!!

10 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wow, love your tree Barbara, and the nest, and the robin .... and .... Great card!

Gina said...

I love the nest and the robin. Beautiful card and great idea.

Holly said...

How beautiful!!! I love your robin and that awesome nest! The tree is so cool - love it with the woodgrain embossing!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

i love that nest and fab robin!

Dianne Beans said...

Your card is fabulous. You are so talented.

Kristine Reynolds said...

What a pretty card! Love the nest! What a terrific scene you've created.

Jacqueline Smith said...

Fabulous card, really love the nest!

Deneen said...

Awesome card, I love how you made the tree, and nest.

Barb said...

oh love this! great card

Donna Ellis said...

Barbara, this is a GORGEOUS card and image! I can't get over all the fussy-cutting around the nest! It's beautiful!