Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tulip Row

Hi Stampers,
I know spring has come and gone but I thought this Tulip Row stamp would look great water colored. I decided to water color with my Copic markers instead of a regular water color medium or a water based marker. The card below shows what a great effect you can get using alcohol based markers as your coloring medium. And you can use card stock, no need for water color paper. You can do this technique with any of the great Art Impressions watercolor stamps and the results will look just like you water colored the image.













First color your image with the Copic marker color(s) of your choice. Don't worry if the marker ink dries out, the color is still on the rubber. After I colored the stamp directly with the markers, I took a mini mister, filled it with rubbing alcohol, (or you can use a fine mist spritzer) and spritzed the rubber stamp. Next I stamped the image on card stock and I got this beautiful water color effect. Easy and quick.Make sure to clean your stamp to remove the alcohol and the alcohol marker, as these can have a drying effect on the rubber. I just use a wet paper towel and your stamp will be ready for your next project.

Give this a try with those Copic's you have, on those Art Impressions water color stamps in your stash. You will be very pleased with the outcome, I'm sure.

Recipe:
Copic Markers - YG45, YR61
Card stock -Bronze, Brown, Peach and Greenish Blue.
Spellbinder Dies: S4-305 
Heartfelt Creations Border Die - HCD702


Here is a tip using dies: The Spellbinder die I used on the peach CS is a square. But I needed a rectangle. I positioned my paper over the die and then positioned my cutting mat so that a portion of the die would not be directly covered, this is where I will extend out on the second pass thru the machine. Next I ran the die thru the machine and pulled the die off the CS. Next I repositioned the die over the last part of the card stock that still needs to be cut, making sure to line up the die with the cuts that were already made on the first pass. Make sure to only cut what you need and don't run the whole die thru or you will not be extending the cut. When using this method you can make a square come out to be a rectangle. You can also shorten a die. How cool is that. Let me know if you have any questions pertaining to this.(Maybe I need to do a video to show how I did this.)


Thanks for stopping by today,have a great day,








1 comment:

Kim Dellow said...

Oh lovely card. Love the flowers. Kim