Thursday, June 24, 2010

June's Antique Show Goodies

Sunday June 20, was the 3rd Sunday of the month and that meant it was time to go to the Burlington Antique Show. Even though it was Father's Day, the show was crowded. I arrived at around 10:00 a.m. and got started making my way to all the booths I usually go to and of course looking along the way at others. The show is at the Fairgrounds in Boone County, Ky., and it takes 2+ hours to go thru the show. Now mind you, I don't stop at each booth, if I did I would be there 4-5 hours. It was very hot today, 90 + degrees, and very sunny. I saw a few things that I didn't get this time and if it's there next month, I will get the items. You know, if it's meant to be, it will be there next time.
Here are the cool items I picked up this time.


This print was tucked in the book that's pictured next. This appears to be a pic of the Ohio River before the area was settled. and before the Suspension Bridge was built.

I spied this book in a small booth that I stop at each time I go to the show. This book was marked $5.00 and I got it for $2.50, what a deal. Here is the front cover and a few peeks at some of the pages inside. This is a  book that was published in 1966 to celebrate the Centennial year of the Suspension Bridge that connects Cincinnati, Ohio and Covington, Ky. Great pics and what looks to be a great read with a lot of historical info and only 31 pages. This bridge was designed and built by John Roebling, who also was responsible for the Brooklyn Bridge.





And last, but definitely not least, here are two items I picked up that satisfy my love of altered art. Now what will I do with these??? Not sure yet. The fence I will probably use at some time in the future. The angel is actually made of a wire form with more wire wrapped around the form and a smaller fence is used for the wings. This really was calling my name and I picked up both of these for the large sum of $10.00. What a bargain.


I will be going back next month so, stop back to see what I pick up next month.

That's it for now, thanks for stopping by, see you soon,

Barbara


1 comment:

DeeDee Maligno said...

Hey Barb,
I used to be an antiquer and for 25 years went to the Bouckville, NY show. Since my house is too small to accommodate any more purchases, I've stopped going. But I have many fond memories of the trip and the people I spent it with. I'm a pottery collector (Roseville), but one does tend to run out of room. Glad you had a good time and I love the book!
DeeDee Maligno