Friday, February 19, 2010

.... a poem lovely as a tree

I love trees. I really don't know why, but I do. I like real trees, stamped trees, and of course leaves.


Recently a friend who works for American Greetings was changing out the cards in a store and she came across some cards that would have been destroyed so she saved a few card fronts. The card front that she gave me made me think of a couple of stamps I own and thought I could make a similar card. It's amazing what one image can spark in someone.


Tree 001 This is the store bought card front.



I pulled out 3 stamps, one from Great Impressions one from Hero Arts and one from I have no idea where the stamp is from. After I stamped the card using the three stamps, here is what my card looked like.


Tree Kind of similar, don't you think?


The tree trunk (Great Impressions) was stamped in Black India Ink and I then used the small peg-like (unknown stamp company) stamp to make the foliage. The long inked image under the tree is a stamp from Hero Arts.


I have another tree card that I made tonight and I will post it tomorrow on the blog. I think you will find how this was done quite unique. Just a little info for tomorrows card post, I used the tree trunk stamp(Great Impressions) from this post in tomorrows card.


Well that is it for now, thanks for stopping by, see you soon.


Barbara

1 comment:

Carla said...

Nice tree Barb! I really like the corregated cardboard on the edges. Nice touch!